Monday, February 1, 2016

AWOL - Latest Update

So . . . it has been awhile. I have no excuses. I just have not blogged. Let me try and do a quick catch up here.

November - the whole family flew to Phoenix, AZ to be support Mark in Ironman AZ. He did an awesome job in some really cruddy weather (rainy and cold) and completed a complete IRONMAN on a broken foot. He is a beast! We had a great Thanksgiving. Sondra and I traveled to east TN and enjoyed our time with Mark's family on his grandparent's farm. Wil had a birthday the end of the month. What a great young man. We are blessed to have him in our family.

December - we all headed to KC for my nephew's wedding in early Dec. It was great to see family
and attend the wedding. James (Jimmy) and Megan had a beautiful wedding (officiated by my dad) and they live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex now. Beautiful couple.
 - Mark had his tonsils removed which is a big deal at 5 and a horrible deal when you are 26. He was down for a couple of weeks.
 - We all spent some time together at Christmas at our house. So blessed to have so much time with our family.

January - it wouldn't be January for the Turners if there was not some kind of medical issue and Morgan took up the slack this year. She had her gallbladder removed after many months of feeling cruddy. She is on the mend and regaining her strength. We had a weekend of lots of snow and then the next weekend of mid-60 degree weather. I'll take the warmer weather every time but the hikes in the woods in the snow with Wil were pretty fun. Only wish Mark would have been here to be with us.

I have been training for IM New Zealand since the week after IM Chattanooga last Sept. It will be nice to not be training. With the race that Mark and I had hoped to do last April in GA (got stormed out) to training for IM Chatt to training for IM NZ, I have been in training mode for a year. I am ready for a break and I know that Sondra sure is. She is the constant supporter and encourager. And . . . I just love that girl.

At the end of this month, we all head to New Zealand for  the race and for an extended vacation. We are in the final stages of planning the itinerary that looks to include sky diving, bungee jumping, trekking and seeing lots of locales featured in the Lord of the Rings movies.

I commit to blogging more. Not because I need to be noticed, but because I need to redevelop the discipline.

Watch for blogs about politics, rants about our government, etc. (Not going to happen. I was just seeing if you were still reading.)

No comments: