Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Trust

Recently I have been reading a book called Crucial Conversations that I am finding to be very beneficial not only in a work setting but in all relationships. This morning in our team devotions this book was mentioned again and then it was asked, "What instances in Scripture come to mind where you see crucial conversations take place." It was a good exercise and one of the things that I was reminded of was the issue of trust and how trust is pretty foundational in relationships and in crucial conversations. I remember running across some key elements to trust that I have shared in conferences and in conversation. I would like to give proper credit to the source of these but they really are a mash up of things I have discovered and learned so it is not intentional not to cite sources.

Keys to Trust
- Tell the truth. Always.
- Be transparent. Always.
- Extend trust and respect. Always.
- Be vulnerable. Always.
- Don't play games with people. Ever.
- Keep your promises. Always.
- Communicate clearly (and often). Never assume the other person gets it. Clarify. Always.

I think these are applicable in interpersonal relationships; job settings; friendships, and definitely marriage.

Let me know what you think. How have you seen these played out in your relationships?

No comments: