Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What Did I Just Say?

Recently, I have found myself trying to listen more and talk less. Shocker to those of you who know me, I am sure. I know the cliche' that we have two ears and one mouth, so listen more and talk less. It is more than a cliche', it is good advice.

I have many speaking/training events coming up in the next couple of months so the past few weeks I have been working on what I would say and would not say. To be fair to Miss Teen South Carolina 2007, she got her question just a couple of seconds before she was to answer and then her time to answer was very limited. When someone asks me a question during a talk/presentation, one of the very first things that pops in to my head is this video. It reminds me to stop, collect my thoughts, and not comment on something that I know nothing about. You have seen this before, but it bears repeating.


No comments: