Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wanting to Be Right So Badly that I Miss Getting the Right Information

I had an experience recently where a person called me on my cell phone and asking me if I was X. I explained that I was indeed not X, but that my name was Paul. She then went on to tell me that it had to be Xs number because someone had given her this number and said that it was X's number. I explained that I knew X but that this was not, in fact, X's number. She insisted that it was but I kindly told her whoever had given her the number she dialed was mistaken. She repeated the number she was given and indeed, it was my number and not X's. She would not have it.

I tried to actually give her X's number but she quickly insisted that she was right and hung up. Wow! She was being like me. So many times I insist that I am right and in the process of someone trying to help get me the right information, I insist I am already right and miss the correct answer. I really dislike that in myself.

Sometimes I am like that with God. I insist that I am right, and miss the fact that He is trying to help me get it right (because He knows). I spend alot of time trying to be right instead of surrendering to the truth. I am praying that God will stop me in my tracks and continue to teach me to trust Him. He can be trusted. In all things.

No comments: