Monday, January 23, 2012

Sharing Grace

I aptly titled this entry as sharing grace rather than giving grace. If I am giving grace, it is incredibly limited. My storehouse of grace is basically non-existent. I am not a grace-filled person. On the contrary, I am pretty much a judgmental person when left to my own devices. I mean, why do people do such stupid things at times? Why would they choose to  . . . (you fill in the blank) when it is obvious that making that decision will end in pain and despair.

Yep, I am judgmental. I know how things ought to be done. I have read Scripture, watched people choose destruction over life, so all you have to do is ask me and I will tell you that you are stupid. I will even look down my nose at you while I do it.  I just really am that good.

And . . . I am a sinner who has been miraculously saved by God's grace. I have no grace of my own to give, but I am learning to share His grace. Slowly, painfully, I am learning. I am learning that what He desires of me is to bring Him glory in all things. That includes my thoughts, emotions, actions, words, and well, all things. Why at 48 am I just now beginning to understand what He longs for of me. It really is just about my surrender to Him and in that, all things are included. I cannot give grace but I can sure share it, but only because He has allowed me to be a recipient of His grace. What a gift! What a giver of grace He is! God, would you please continue to do the miraculous and allow me to be a part of sharing Your grace with all people in all things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forty Eight!

Really?

Wow, as in Year?

:)

Derek